Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Can I just say this is weird?

A benefit of having a blog is that instead of replying with what would be an unprofessional comment, I can just say it here instead. For example, this email I just got, subject heading "Follow-Up":

Thank you for your interest in the newly posted positions here at T___ F___. I would like to introduce myself; my name is B___ G___ the Director of Programs and I look forward to connecting with you for an opportunity to interview. At this time we are screening applicants if you are determined to be the best match someone will follow up to schedule a time to talk further.

Huh?

So you're saying hi, and you look forward to an interview, but -wait, that should be BUT!- you're still screening applicants? So you're not really looking forward to an interview with me, as I haven't been screened into the pool yet... and if I am, someone ELSE will actually follow-up to schedule that interview???

Is it just me, or is this is a really weird message?

No comments:

Post a Comment