Monday, April 22, 2013

April Update

This post has nothing to do with elephants.

I haven't posted in a long while, but that doesn't mean anything's changed.
Same old, same old.
At the least, they've gotten worse, as the longer unemployed, the more stressed things get.
I had an interview for a part-time job that was an hour away, paid $19/hr. They asked me back for a second interview, too. Gladly, they didn't offer me the job. It would've been difficult to accept: I'm desperate for a job and will take anything offered (really, I will), but the job hunt wouldn't be over, I'd be looking for something better and leave for the first better offer to come about.

I also had a never breakdown a couple weeks ago. April is bad month in general; historically, it sucks (Columbine, Waco, OKC, Hitler's birthday, etc); this year was just as bad. I think it's because of the weather.
Seriously.
April's been pretty bad for me personally in the past as well, and I dreaded it coming this year. Something about nearing 2 years unemployed, verging on 1000 applications, and $60,000 in grad school debt that I haven't paid off. Luckily, I survived.
So far.

I also decided to try embarking on my own nonprofit. I don't want to do it; the chances for success are very low, work required is very high, but I have a decent idea to pursue. Luckily, because I'm writing this blog anonymously, I don't get to disclose the activity. Just wish me well.

And there was an local NPR story about a site that collects stories from people who changed careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment